Wednesday 10 September 2014

Aldi waterproofs

This week from Friday 11th Aldi have a range of waterproof clothing! This is part of their "great outdoors" special buys! As per usual, it is while stocks last, so get in quick!

As a family we love camping, but I am always complaining about the cold, and wet! I do love the outdoors, but I'm not so keen on what the adverse weather of the great outdoors can bring!!
I decided to buy myself some waterproofs. Trousers and a jacket. 

I do love Aldi as their sizing is always what I need! Most shops stock 10-12 and 14-16. These always come up either too small, or too big.  But Aldi have it right for me, and what I struggle to find elsewhere, the elusive 12-14!!! Fab!!

Trousers
Jacket

The trousers

Price -
These cost £9.99, a bargain compared to what you would pay in the high street outdoors chains. 

The product design -
The fit/size was perfect, as I expected. 
They are not only waterproof, but windproof and breathable.
There is a zippered pocket on either side.
A reflective stripe down either side. This while being effective, actually blends into the trousers as it is grey rather than the usual glare of a bright white reflective strip!
Both waist & ankles are elasticated to keep the warmth in & wind out.

My thoughts-
As I've already said I'm chuffed with the sizing, something that actually fits me!!
I loved the dark black colour, I'd happily slip these on at camping to keep me warm & dry & not feel like I'm standing out!
The material is a little "crackly" when you walk. But you will get this with any waterproofs.

The jacket -

Price -
This cost £12.99. Again a bargain in comparison.

The product design -
There was a choice of 2 colours, I went for the pink.
As with the trousers, not only is it waterproof, but windproof and breathable.
There is a zippered pocket on either side, great to keep your hands warm.
Again, this also has the grey reflectives. This is so much nicer than the normal stand out bright ones.
The hood is adjustable.
And the bottom of the jacket can be adjusted to pull in tight around your waist, to keep the nasty mr wind out!

My thoughts -
The fit was a bit roomy when I tried it on with just a t shirt underneath. But once I'd have a jumper on, it would fit well.
I'm pleased with the pockets as I do like to put my hand in them to keep warmer.
The adjustable hood is great. I find a lot of jackets have hoods, but the slightest wind, it blows down. But I can adjust this to fit tight & keep my head/hair, wind free & dry!
And the adjustable waist is great too, to keep that wind out!


I'm really pleased with my purchases. I now have some great fitting, really useful clothing for camping. I will probably even use them here on wet/windy days as Mstr J wants to start football, and I've heard the stories of standing out on wet winding fields of a weekend!!!  Roll on the winter! Lol
Aldi haven't failed me yet again! Well done Aldi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment