Saturday 15 February 2014

Our adventure! - London eye & aquarium

So, on Sunday 9th, we woke Mstr J, and told him we are going on adventure.  He was very excited. Miss Iz was less so, but what can you expect from a 9 month old!!

We packed a rucksack with some snacks, got Miss Iz's changing bag ready and we headed for our local tube station.

"We're getting on a train" shouted Mstr J with delight. "How many trains mummy, do we have to change?"  He was super excited about our adventure and where it would lead us. "Where is our adventure, where are we going?" He kept asking.

We exited at Waterloo and walked towards the Eye using my iPhone map to guide us. As we turned the corner, with the London Eye looming over us ahead, Mstr J's mouth gapped open!!! "What is it?" I asked.  "The London Eye" he squealed. "Would you like to go on it?", said I. "No". Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! It did make me giggle! All our build up, the gaping mouth reaction and then a no! Lol. When I probed him further it was because he thought it would go very fast and make him sick! Bless his innocence. When I assured him that wasn't the case and that it moved so slow, he was super excited. So excited that while queuing for our tickets he needed to be calmed down a number of times. His excitement was infectious though, and I soon couldn't wait to board.

We were first on our pod, and we rushed to the end to get a clear view. The first thing Mstr J pointed our was "look mummy, Big Ben!". I wondered how he knew it. And he told me how he'd walked past it while out with nanny and grandad. We enjoyed the views and looking at the 'ant people'!  Even Miss Iz got in on the action, sitting on the bar inside in her snowsuit, looking at the world outside.   When we left we bought a cute picture of us inside the pod taken from the outside. It was a lovely souvenir of our adventure!

We walked round and viewed the new 4d experience. Mstr J really enjoyed this as it felt like a bird was gona fly at your head. He giggled away in daddies arms!

When we left he asked so sweetly "can we go to the aquarium mummy, I would really love it"! How could I say no?!  We had a lovely time looking at the numerous sea creatures. Although he didn't want to touch the star fish as it "made my finger hurty last time". Bless him.

We had some food in the cafe and decided to make our way home.
On the train journey home Mstr J said "mummy I loved our adventure"!

We will definitely be going on 'Adventures' more often! Adding that element of mystery really added a sparkle to it for Mstr J.





No comments:

Post a Comment