Thursday 29 January 2015

Quick reads ! The little books for busy mums

"Have a bit of you time" said my husband! "Yeah right" I said. "When do I get time for me, and anyway, what would I do?".  "You used to love reading" he said. "I don't have time for that now! I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to myself to have a wee! And even that isn't alone most of the time!"

I'm sure this is a conversation that has gone on in a lot of homes. The busy mummy who has no time for herself. Missing one of her old loves, a good book! 

Well, this changed a couple of days later, when he arrived home from work....
"Look what I found" he stated. Like a dog with a bone he was all excited with himself.  In his hand was a Quick Read book. These little books are aimed at those who don't have time to get stuck into a big thick read. I was pretty impressed that a) he'd thought of me & b) he'd even remembered our conversation of the days before!!  Memory is not his strong point!

That night after putting the kids to bed, I decided to grab 5 minutes to myself before starting the chores. I grabbed my new Quick Read book 'Paris For One' by Jojo Moyes and a bar of Galaxy from the fridge (the diet starts next week).  Galaxy are proud supporters of Quick Reads, so it just felt kinda right!
Ok, so 5 minutes turned to 15 as I got stuck into both the chocolate & the book! It was turning into a great little read. But in true mummy style, a kiddy called, and I was able to put the book down and leave it til later.
Luckily a couple of days later I found myself with another few minutes to myself and I got stuck in again.
The book was then put in my hand bag and at every opportunity I'd grab it out & get another few pages read. It was a great time filler when I got to school early for pick up. 
I found a love for reading again and I felt like in them 5 minutes here & there I was getting a little bit of me time.

The book was finished, a great little story and I was left wanting more! I told hubby. He must have been feeling generous, as he arrived home the next day with 2 more!!
Then I noticed something I hadn't before, the price!! At only £1 each, they weren't breaking the bank!!  What a bargain!!
At that price if you're not keen on the story, you don't really mind.  I spent too much time & money in my younger years starting books & passing them on as I just couldn't get into them.

My 3 books so far....


I am really pleased with my Quick Reads. I think they are perfect for the mummies like me, always on the go with little time for yourself.  I can't wait to get stuck into my next one.
There's a number of titles out there & I'm hoping they will keep adding more as I'm loving them too much to have to stop when I've done all of them!!

You can get these Quick Reads books in a number of stores and supermarkets, including Waterstones and Whsmith. You can also buy online from Amazon etc.  Or even buy in the form of an ebook if you have a kindle etc. Failing that, you can borrow them from your local library!

Stockists......


And even treat yourself to a bar of Galaxy! In supporting Quick Reads they are supporting your reading happiness, so it's only right to get stuck into a bar, or two, I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment