Friday 31 January 2014

Houmous - Asda

Well I did warn you there might be some randomness coming......

So today I popped to asda for a browse. I love the clothing in there, so always check that out first, then browse the aisles.

As with most people I can't help a check on the reduced shelf. Today, I picked up Chosen By You white bean & sunblush red pepper houmous. It also has 30% less fat. (Yay! says my waistline).
Obviously I then needed to head back to the bread aisle for some pittas to dip.  I'm not a fan of sandwiches for lunch, so this was going to make a lovely change for me.

After getting home & putting away the shopping, I fed Miss Iz her bottle. Then it was my turn. I toasted & sliced up 2 of the pittas. I was nervous & excited to see what the houmous was going to taste like.

My first dip & I melted!!! I have never tasted houmous like it. It had a smooth texture & a scrummy sweet taste from the peppers. It was pretty damn amazing. With a little help from Miss Iz (who was now in her walker). Yes, she was having little bits of soft pitta dipped too.  I managed to get through nearly the whole pot!!! The only thing that stopped my was the thought that if I stopped I could enjoy some more tomorrow with more pittas.

At only £1 for the pot and 50p for the pack of pittas I have lunch for 2 days sorted. & if you want it as a snack it could go much further!!
Well done Asda, I will definitely be visiting for this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment