Sunday 25 October 2015

Aldi wine putting a smile on mummies face after a stressful day!

So, I was offered the chance to trial a couple of bottles of Aldi wine. I'm sure all my mummy followers would agree, if you are offered free wine, you'd be silly to say no!!

I received a bottle of each, red & white.

I'm not a red wine fan, so I made hubby sample this first. The label mentioned 'beautifully fragrant with ripe cherries, fleshy raspberries, and red fruited plum flavours'.  My husband agreed with this, he said he could taste the cherries and raspberries . He thought it was delicious.  I went against myself and decided to try it...... 'Don't turn down wine' my head was saying. I was actually pleasantly surprised. It was quite nice. I wouldn't go back for more, but it wasn't horrible. Hubby happily enjoyed most of the rest of the bottle. As a red wine drinker he said it was a great bottle, especially at Aldi price!! He even put some with some lemonade and made a sangria!
Since he left some in the bottle, I decided to add it to a stew. It definitely intensified the sauce and added a rich full flavour. Yum!! Def how I like my red wine!!
Vignobles roussellet Pinot noir £4.39

So onto the White. I'd be lying if I didn't say this was probably the best white wine I've had!! It was smooth and slid down with ease.  
Boasts 'refreshing and fragrant with a perfect and intriguing balance of tangy lemon, weighty fruit and a subtle waxy nuttiness'
Ok, so I'm no connoisseur, I usually describe wines in my crude manor based on 'gag factor'! Most wines I find, I sip, start to think it's ok, then there's this end gag. It's the bit which puts me off. But this had no gag factor!!! Wooohhooo!! Go Aldi!!! I will definitely be back for more of this wine.
The exquisite collection gavi £5.49

Nowadays we all can't afford many luxuries, needs must, and essentials are what we buy. But if you shop at Aldi you can definitely afford to treat yourself to a bottle of wine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment