Saturday 15 November 2014

Asda toy sale - baby Annabell

So, I decided to take a trip to Asda as I saw they had a toy sale on. As I'm sure most of you are the same, you don't always expect much from these toy sales, but I was pleasantly surprised! They had some great buys on top brands, & the discounts to be had were great!

Some of the bargains I saw were ...........
Air hogs mega bomb down from £40 to £20
Playmobil fire engine down from £40 to £20
Star Wars x-wing starfighter from £50 to £30
Barbie ultimate beach party house from £60 to £30
Monster high inner monster deluxe set £30 down to £20

But my fave, and the one I decided to purchase for Miss Iz was the baby Annabell bathtime set. A bargain down from £60 to £30!!!!!! You don't often get top brands in these sales, so I was really pleased to get my madam a real baby Annabell doll for such a great price!!

What you get in the box -
Of course the main contender, the doll
Baby comes in some cute PJs
A towel for after her bath
Some slippers
A dummy
A changing bag for baby
2 little pots & a sponge for baby


Baby Annabell bathtime can actually be taken in the bath. When submerged in the water she 'shivers' & cries.  Your child can then dry baby & she becomes happy again.
When her chest is stroked she will make baby sounds. When her belly is 'tickled' she will giggle & shake.  Massage baby & she will make sounds of comfort!


Miss Iz couldn't wait to get inside......

What we thought -
Miss Iz couldn't wait to get in the box when I showed her it! Her face lit up! & when I lay the box down to take a photo she was all over it!
As soon as baby was released from the box, she got a big cuddle & a 'aaaaaaaaa' from Miss Iz.
We enjoyed getting all the bits out one at time. Putting her slippers on, some cream on baby, washing her face with the sponge. The interactive play was fantastic. 
Baby Annabell needs 2 AA batteries not included in her back to activate the sounds. You could always use her without these if you wish.
The sounds when they worked, but we did find activating them a bit hit & miss. Whether that was due to the doll or us, I do not know!
The doll itself is fab, really life like.
She fits great in Miss Iz's doll pram & she spent ages pushing her around the lounge. Changing bag over her shoulder.
Price wise, I am not used to how much these dolls cost, but I think £30 was great for what we got. 

Miss Iz doing 'row row' with baby......

Baby wrapped up in her towel....


If you're after a great Christmas bargain for boys & girls, get down to the ASDA Toy sale, now! While stocks last!

No comments:

Post a Comment