Thursday 13 March 2014

Mothers Day at Aldi

In my usual, 'what shall I do today' style, I decided a little trip to my local Aldi would get me out the house for a bit!

When I got there I noticed,  they had their Mothers Day items in stock! Luckily for me, they started today, so there were plenty of items to choose from!

What I bought.........
I picked a pair of cute pyjamas for my mum.
And of course I couldn't leave without a little something for myself, so went for the cosmetics bags set, as I've been wanting to get a new toiletries bag for holiday.

How much............
The pyjamas were £7.99.
The 3 piece cosmetic bag set was £4.99.

What I thought............
The pyjamas. I will only be able to do a limited review on these, as they are for a gift.   Size wise I am pleased, my mum always struggles to get items in 10-12, as most shops do either 8-10 (too small), or 12-14 (too big), but these were perfect.  For those of you who prefer a 12-14, they did this size too! All bases covered, well done Aldi!  They had a number of designs, so plenty of choice to fit your own mums taste. They are made of 100% cotton, so are lovely and soft.  Maybe I will come back and add some more of what my mum thinks when I give her them!! But I can honestly say, if hubby bought me some from Mstr J & Miss Iz, I would be a happy mummy!!


The cosmetics bags.  The gift to myself! Lol! I've been wanting to get a new decent sized bag to put my toiletry bits in for holiday, and the large bag looked perfect, the others were an added bonus.  The large bag and the smallest both have a satin feel. With the medium one being a wipe clean plastic.  Inside the large bag it's one large open space with 2 small pockets on one side. The pockets will be perfect for my little hair clips etc that disappear in the big space.  There's plenty of room for all my bits, bobs, bottles & what nots I will be taking away.  The medium waterproof bag I will use for any little bits I'm taking down the pool.  It will even be good for putting my watch in to keep it from getting wet or sun lotion hands on it!  The small bag is great for taking your little bits out with you in a hand bag.  Whenever we're going out for the night, I always want to take my lipstick & blusher, for top ups in the night. They either disappear in among the junk in my hand bag, or the blusher leaks dust into my bag, very annoying. This will mean I can find them easily among everything in my bag, & no mess!!


Other things they had.........
Above were the items I chose, but there was more, and may suit your mother on Mother's Day!!
Leather purse £4.99
Leather handbag £6.99
Ballerina slippers £2.99

Yet another success under Aldi's belt in my eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment